Upcycled trinket holder diy


I have been on the look out for a trinket holder for a while now, but have had no luck in finding one that I like and can afford. So I decided to make my own one out of things that I already have at home. After a dig around in my recycling and craft supplies I found some items I thought I could use. Above is the result! A completely upcycled trinket holder.

If you would like to have a go making your own one this is what you will need: 


All you need to make a trinket holder is: 

3x same size jar lids (I used lids from pasta sauce jars), a cotton spool, a marble or a bead, a glue gun and spray paint. If you would like to have patterned paper on the inside of your lids you will also need paper, craft glue and scissors.


    How to make it:

    • Clean jar lids and dry.
    • Position lids together in a triangle shape and using a glue gun, glue the edges where the lids meet.
    • Glue the end of the cotton spool to the center of where the lids come together
    • Then glue the marble/bead on top of the cotton spool
    • Take the trinket holder outside or to a well ventilated room and spray paint it ensuring even coverage. It may need 2-3 coats of paint, let it dry in between coats.
    • Once dry you can either leave the trinket holder as it is or insert patterned paper to the inside of the lids for added colour. To make paper circles just find an item with a circular bottom (that is the same size) and use it as a template to draw circles on to your paper. Cut the circles out and glue to the inside of the lids. If you want to add a glossy effect to the paper when its inside the lids coat it with modge podge (or 50% pva glue mixed with 50% water). 

    I hope you have enjoyed my trinket diy, let me know in the comments section below what you thought.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment