Mail art kit in the post



When my penpal wrote in her last letter that she struggled to find nice writing paper I totally empathised. I've also found that nice, reasonably priced writing paper is hard to come by. I started to look at ways I could create and decorate my own writing paper instead. I found so much inspiration online through Pinterest (see my mail art board here) and Instagram so quickly started to make my own. I thought I would share with my penpal the ideas and inspiration I have picked up and put together a little mail art kit to brighten up her mail.



Included in the kit I made were; stickers, twine, magazine cutouts, some diy stamps with blanks to make up (see my how-to here), washi tape, bunting and some extras (paper clips/ tags/ washi flags).


My favourite packet I included in the kit was the magazine cutouts. Above is what I included inside. I like to create mail art using drawings but it can be very time consuming. I think you can create results just as nice using magazine cutouts. There are lots of lovely pictures in magazines. It's so simple, just cut out a picture you like, position and glue it to your writing paper or envelope. Below is an example of what I make.


With the mail art kit I also put in some suggestions (see below) for decorating mail. I often draw things instead of writing them down. Am I the only one who does that?


So there we have it, a diy mail art kit. Hope you've enjoyed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment