Decorating mail on a budget


Having over spent a little (o.k a lot) on stationery earlier this month in the January sales, I have vowed to budget my stationery and craft spending for the rest of the year. One of the areas I plan to save on is letter writing sets. I am quite partial to a lovely letter writing set that has nicely designed writing paper inside but they can be expensive. So all of my letters for the next few months at least will be written on plain paper that I have hand decorated and embellished with items I already have  amongst my craft supplies. Here is a letter I have decorated with some bits and pieces I had tucked away in drawers.


All I used to decorate the outside of the letter is a paper doily, twine, buttons, paper clip, a couple of pictures cut out of magazines, a small piece of fabric and a used stamp. I am quite happy with how it looks considering it cost me nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment